To encourage and enrich family life in order to build stronger communities.
We have a vision to see:
- Parents and children having the opportunity to ‘know and be known’ in their local community
- People building ‘relationships that matter’ within and beyond their cultural/ethnic group
To have family life valued in all levels of society both locally and nationally.
- by establishing and running parent and toddler groups, recognised as first rate by users.
- by offering parenting support
- by enabling people to recognise the value of parent and toddler groups
- by fostering mutual cooperation and support for toddler groups
- by supporting the choice of stay at home parents and raising awareness of the value they bring to society
Our principles are clearly and unashamedly Christian but absolutely everyone is welcome to our groups.
We are faith based, but not faith biased.
- We welcome all because every person is created and loved by God (Genesis 1:27)
- We value each individual and treat them with respect because they are made in the image of God (Genesis 1:27)
- We encourage each person to believe they have a contribution to make because everyone is unique and has a part to play (1 Corinthians 12:6)
- Integrity characterises all we do because we recognise the responsibility we have to treat with care the huge trust people put in us (Colossians 3:12)
- We model forgiveness. It’s OK to make mistakes because love keeps no record of wrongs (Colossians 3:13; 1 Corinthians 13:5)
Undergirding all we do is our motto – TEAM: Together Everyone Achieves More.
Authentic welcome to all
We model and encourage love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control.
What makes a Daniel’s Den a Daniel’s Den?
- Parents/carers and children together
- Open to all
- Down your street
- Volunteer led
- By local people for local people
- A real welcome with a personal touch where those attending go away feeling special
- First hand opportunity to give and receive – time, talents etc